Tuesday, February 2, 2010

P90X Lean Phase 1: Day 3 - Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X

I got up a couple of times last night because I reminded myself to wake up earlier today to do the next P90X workout: Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X. Since this workout will go a little longer than 1 hour, I need to get up at 5 am at the latest. It might not such a good idea for me to "set my own body alarm" clock cause I tend to get up waaay to early (woke up at 3 am, then 4 am then a little bit before 5 am). Again I woke up even before my cellphone alarm went off.
Anyway, did I tell you that weight lifting is my least favorite workout? I don't have any dumbbells nor resistance bands, so I just used my 2 water bottles filled with water as my weight. For some part of the workout sequence, those 2 water bottles were enough, but for some might be not enough. I didn't break that much sweat as I did with other cardio workouts and I found this weight lifting exercise to be a little slow for me. Maybe because I didn't enjoy it as much.

After the Shoulders & Arms done, I was debating whether I continued to the Abs or just do the Abs later tonight after I got back from work. Since tonight is the premier event of LOST final season, I decided to do the Abs. Surprisingly, doing Abs right after another workout was quite challenging. I couldn't complete some of the sequence (Fifer scissors, Oblique V Ups, reverse bicycle) as I felt out of energy and was feeling super hungry. But I still could complete Mason twist throughout the bonus round.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, congratulations on being able to wake up that early and work out! You have true dedication! I am on Day 27 of P90X and my body is starting to look amazing! The hard work truly pays off with these workouts and of course, following the meal plan! My tip for the Shoulders & Arms workout is not to worry about going at their pace, go very slowly at your own pace if you need to. Are you a Beachbody coach? I didn't read anywhere on your page that you were. Check out www.BeachBodyCoach.com/JillianTirado and click on Coach. Feel free to contact me with any questions or if you just need some P90X motivation! Good luck and DON'T GIVE UP!

Jos said...

Jillian: Wow, thanks for dropping by. You're the first one to comment on my blog. :) I'm still in week 1 of Phase 1 for P90X Lean, not even sure how long I can keep up with waking up this early everyday. I'm not Beachbody coach, just some regular person who wants to stay fit.