Friday, May 7, 2010

Round 2: Day 6: 20 minute Interval Cardio Mix

I made up this work out by combining different cardio moves from P90X Core Synergistics and Cardio X and use this Online Tabata timer as the cues. It gets better. This site also provides some Tabata song mixes so make your workout more enjoyable. Too bad I only like 2 of the songs they provided (Buddy Holly by Weezer and Tabata Interval Delish 3 By Damien Del Russo). The Weezer song doesn't have the sound cues. The music only gets cut off every after 20 seconds. Tabata Interval Delish 3 is a good music mix, because it has the countdown cues and the transition from one to another is smoother. Heck, I just jumped back and forward from those 2.

The website also has Tabata online timer which you can download to your own desktop (you need flash player installed in order to play it).

Here's my Interval Cardio Mix. Each set is about 4 minutes long (8 rounds of 20 seconds workout with 10 seconds rest):
Set 1 - Fast Jumping Jack
Set 2 - High Knees Run in Place
Set 3 - Steam Engine (from P90X Core Syn/Cardio X)
Set 4 - Towel Hopping (from P90X Core Syn)
Set 5 - Fast Squat Run (P90X Cardio X, without weight version)
Set 6 - Lunge and Reach (P90X Core Syn)- I used 5 lbs dumbbells
Set 7 - Wacky Jack (P90X Cardio X)

Before starting the main workout, I did a quick 2-5 minutes warm up and cool down afterward. I had to skip towel hopping because my right foot hurt whenever I put my weight on it. Might be the first 2 exercises already tired it out. Again, I need good shoes.

I like this combination workout, especially paired up with music. It helps to pace myself out a bit. Believe me, towards the end of the workout, 4 minutes felt so long! I was drenched in sweat by the time I got to the 3rd one already, had to wipe out the sweat from getting into my eyes. Felt grossed out but at the same time I knew I had a good workout! I might want to do more of this type of workout to ward off boredom. Also I want to put together my own tabata music mix as well :D

No comments: