Monday, June 7, 2010

Round 2: Day 37 - Reverse ARX, Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, ChaLean Extreme I've Got Abs

I was sweating crazy just from doing Reverse ARX, probably because of my stuffy living room. The weather is getting warmer now, but I usually keep the windows closed at night. Don't want to encourage someone to break in, right?

Anyway, the good thing about doing the Abs before doing the actual workout, I'll get sweaty and warm up so I could cut down doing the workout warm up, and just jumped right to the arm warm ups and ballistic stretches. As usual Chest, Shoulders and Triceps (CST) is always tough and remember I broke my blue resistance bands last time? It might be a sign I should start using dumbbells for all weight lifting exercises. For CST I mostly used 5lbs dumbbells for all triceps stuff and shoulder flys, cause those are so tough! I could even barely get to 10 reps in a good solid form. Hmph, gotta work more!

I still have 2 other resistance bands (red being the lightest and black being the heaviest), but I'd save that for doing the pull up stuff. I'm still debating whether to get a free standing pull up bar or not because I just don't like how it will sit in my living room like that.

ChaLean Extreme I've Got Abs is getting easier to do, just need to incorporate the weights into some of the moves with the exception the push ups. Try to do more slow motion push ups and 3 sets of triceps, standard and wide push ups after Tony bashed you with these in CST already.

Btw, what's the cameraman of ChaLean Extreme I've Got Abs thinking for shooting on this angle???

4 comments:

Carl S said...

1. The camera man was definitely thinking "Oh man I wanna tap that!"

2. Free standing Power-Towers do take up a lot of space, but they're probably better than the door frame kind. Especially for corn-cob pullups and anything dynamic.

3. Why not try the black-bands for pullups?

Jos said...

1. LOL!!
2. Yeah that's why I'm still debating whether to get it or not

3. Err, I am still a bit of trauma from the band snapped at me while doing the pull ups last time. Still thinking that I was lucky enough the band didn't snap onto my face!

Carl S said...

I guess that's true, not knowing how a band will snap could be scary. Plus regular pullups ROCK. You should check to make sure you can do a few standard pullups/chinups before you commit to a tower or door frame bar though.

And if you decide to go with a tower - dont get a 7.5ft one (unless you have ceilings well over 9ft) Most standard ceilings are 8ft and that is just too low, cant easily get your head over the bar without worring if you'll hit your head. Might wanna see if there are 6ft towers.

But you could just go for the door frame kind, or even the kind that screw-out into a door frame. Friend used to have one of those in his apartment. 2 screws hold in little U-shaped slots (one on each side) then the bar goes across the middle, but it telescopes out. Can take it down, leaving just the U-shaped clips up.

might work for your situation.

Jos said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I'd love to know myself too if I can do a decent pull up/chin ups..haha...maybe it's time to make a good use of free pass to the gym. I don't like to screw anything on my wall or door frame so guess the power tower is the option that I prefer..we'll see.