Friday, March 19, 2010

P90X Lean Phase 2: Day 48 - Kenpo X

I feel I wasn't as intense doing Kenpo X today compare to last week, probably due to my lack of sleep. Some of my relatives came by to visit last night so I had to postpone my usual clean up until they left. Regardless, I still drenched so no complain here. I found it become more challenging to raise up my heart rate, especially at the beginning of Kenpo, when we were doing the punch series. My heart rate didn't go up until I reached to the kick series. I was starving after I finished the workout so I gulped down my usual "recovery drink" and ate 1 medium banana. Those bananas are getting riper so I better finish them off before they go bad.

Here's my day food for today

  • 2 slices of whole wheat bread with peanut butter
  • 2 chinese pastry puffs
  • 2 medium bananas
  • 3 sticks of carrots -cut into matchstick size
  • left over hummus - I gotta make more later
  • Boiled chinese broccoli, some steamed fish meat, steamed chicken meatball and some white rice (all in that rectangular container, sorry can't really see much)
  • 2 peeled oranges & 6 oz. blueberries

Tomorrow is rest day and I'll get to sleep in a bit. And another exciting thing is I will be off from work for the whole next week so I can spend more time with my family and to top it off next week is P90X Phase 2 Recovery Week, so no resistance workouts *yay*. I don't have a particular plan with my parents yet but for sure I will bring them to Big Santa Anita Canyon, the hiking place that I used to go when the weather gets warmer. Another plan will be going to museums and parks.

EDITED @ 8:53PM
That Chinese pastry puff was not that good so I only ate 1/2 of it and tossed the rest. I didn't bother to eat the other one so I gave it to my brother after I got home. I only ate 1 banana, which was getting really ripe and couldn't eat the other one. Finished the oranges & the blueberry in the afternoon then munched on the carrot sticks after I got home, dipped into the hummus before dinner. I guess I brought a little too much food for my daytime meal..hehe.

Btw, my parents went to my relative's place this whole day so I had a regular dinner with my brother and my hubby.
Lightly fried tofu with oyster sauce & onions, mixed vegetable soup (bok choy, carrots, tomatoes and fish cakes) and left over soy sauce chicken & eggs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

after i've been working out for quite a while, it takes more intensity for me to get my heart rate up too. that just means that your cardiovascular system is getting really good and you are building endurance! :)