Thursday, April 8, 2010

P90X Lean Phase 3: Day 68 - Core Synergistics

I think I started to get "bored & burned out" from this P90X routine as I wasn't as excited to get up early as before anymore. Or maybe because today's workout is not quite fun. It's not the workout itself, it's more like me who haven't get a good hang of it. Despite that I still dragged my ass off from the bed, grabbed my laptop and went to my workout zone downstairs.

For some reason I didn't feel much burn on my core as what Tony kept emphasizing. Most of the weight involvement, I could barely do 8 lbs and need to down the dumbbells to 2 1/2 lbs, and still really struggling. Prison Cell push ups or anything with arm strengths are still sketchy for me, but despite all of those, I was still drenched with sweat at the end of the workout.

For Lunge Tricep Curl Press, I had to take off the 2 1/2 lbs weight discs, and just used the sticks as my weight. I weighted the sticks on the scale (with the knobs), found out they were at least close to 5 lbs!! No wonder I had some hard time to lift 2 1/2 lbs disc b/c actually the total weight is close to 6-7 lbs! For biceps curls, 7-8 lbs are good for me to bang at least 8-12 reps, but not for anything that I need to raise my arms up.

Kenpo X tomorrow, and thinking of skipping it and do a run/jog on Saturday. On the other hand, I like the idea Saturday being my rest day when I can sleep in a bit. We'll see...

No comments: