Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday's workout

- One Hundred Push ups Program (Week 3, Day 1) - 17, 12, 13, 13, 17 (max)
After completing the first 2 weeks of push ups, I had to take another fit test before moving on to the 3rd week. I got around 20 reps max which took me to column 1. However, I decided to give column 2 a try. The result? I was struggling especially towards the end of the set, barely could get to 17 reps, which made me re-think of redoing the first 2 weeks of push ups. Thoughts?

For the rest of the workout, I did random stuff (25 reps each, except the triceps kick back (2x15)

- Regular crunches
- Side Crunches
- Full crunches
- Triceps kick back (8 lbs dumbbells)
- Toe Roll Iso Lunge
- Steamed Engine
- Lunge and Reach (10 lbs dumbbells)
- Plank hold (1:30 min with 10 sec rest) - was aiming for 2 min with 10 sec rest in between but didn't happen

Cooled down with yoga

1 comment:

Carl S said...

Restart or Keep going? Hard to say with pushups. Clearly the more you do the better they'll become. It all comes down to what mentally motivates you more, restarting will make things easier (if that positive reienforcement works do that) but keep going will be a challenge (and if challengines motivate you, you should choose that).

Either way, as long as you keep doing them, you'll get your goal. You just might need to add two weeks (in either case).