Thursday, September 2, 2010

Power Girl Workout

I felt a bit of under the weather. My throat has been bothering me since yesterday afternoon. It feels hurt and dry, blame it on the rice cereal that I had with yogurt yesterday afternoon. Maybe too much of cereal and too little yogurt. My throat is pretty sensitive to dry stuff, hopefully that's the case. I can't afford to catch a cold now :(

Anyway, today's workout was another one from Bodyrock.tv: Power Girl (or Boy) Workout.



Power Girl (or Boy) Workout breakdown:
12 minutes long, 50 sec interval with 10 sec rest. Total 6 workouts - 12 rounds.
1. Surfer 6 reps / 5 reps - not sure if I did it right but still boost up my heart rate.
2. Beach Scissors (Right side) - 14 reps / 11 reps - I did the modified version with the elbow down
3. Beach Scissors (Left side) - 15 reps / 15 reps - I did the completely modified verson - elbow & hip down.
4. Fighter's Lunge (left side) 26 reps / 28 reps
5. Fighter's Lunge (right side) 26 reps / 27 reps
6. 1-2-3 Push Ups 7 reps / 8 reps - totally fail on this one

Then I did side crunches and regular crunches - 70 reps each.

25 push ups

Yoga for cool down.

Not quite great with today's workout but still better than nothing.

Btw, today at work there were some kind of health fair where they offered glucose, cholesterol and body fat check for free. My glucose and cholesterol were in good range. First time I got my body fat check (they used the skin caliper thing) and turned out mine was 19%, which according to the chart I fell into the athletic category. Hm, I secretly kinda proud of it. Ok enough ramblings.

No comments: