Sunday, July 7, 2013

Glutes, Legs and KB Workout

My CN last night was great. Woke up feeling and looking lean, mean machine, crushing BB with Glutes & Legs Workout.

I upped my BB Glute Bridge to 105lbs now..YAY! Now I could start doing BB Glute Bridge at LA Fitness now that I could at least use 25lbs plates so I could just roll underneath the bar. Excited to do it again on Wednesday for my second Glutes/Legs workout. I upped my BB Deadlift to 85 lbs. Great feeling overall! My arms didn't give away at all, instead I felt a lot of burn and stretch on my hamstrings and glutes! I made a mental note to pay attention on my arm distant from my legs while holding the bar. I had the tendency especially on my right arm to hold the bar a bit far from my legs. Sorry if it doesn't make sense.

Front Squat unfortunately I could only get to 10 reps, while last week I could at least pushed thru 12 reps. It might be I was quite toasted already from the Glute bridge and Deadlift. Resting between sets were only enough time for me to log my sets or changing/putting away weights. Time under tension!

BB Glute Bridge
Set 1 - 105lbs x 12 reps - heavy pushed thru 12 still had some more reps could do
Set 2- 1105lbs x 12 reps - good weights
Set 3- 105lbs x 12 reps - booty pumps!

BB Deadlift
Set 1 - 75lbs x 12 reps - felt good burn on hmastrings & glutes -could do more weights!
Set 2- 85lbs x 10 - good weights! Still had 2 more reps tank
Set 3 - 85lbs x 10 - good stretch at legs hammies & glutes- arms didn't give away!
Set 4 - 85lbs x 10 - need to pay attn to arm distant holding the bb

BB Front Squats
Set 1 - 50lbs x 10 - had to focus
Set 2 - 50lbs x 10 - struggled last 2 reps - could maybe push 2 more reps
Set 3 - 50lbs x 10 - struggled last 2 reps - quads & knees burning to get up last 2 reps!

BB Reverse Lunge
Set 1 - 45lbs x 10 @each - left felt stronger
Set 2 - 45lbs x 10 @each - burning legs! Left felt more on glutes compare to right
Set 3 - 45lbs x 10 @each - left glute felt more tension than right- right more on quads/a bit on knees

KB class circuit
Part#1: 15 min AMRAP (completed 3 rounds)
20lbs x 1 rep @each Turkish Get Up
5 burpees (no jumping- focused on the push ups- elbows close to side and chest touching ground)
20lbs x 5 reps dead clean & press @each arm - left leg felt weaker towards 2nd and 3rd round. Had hard time pushing the weight up!
2x22 lbs x 8 reps KB front squats

Part #2:
6 sets - 30lbs x 10 rep @each One Arm KB Swing (30 sec break in between sets)

Part #3:
2 sets - 30 sec Wall Sit

Part #4:
80 reps total Reverse Body Ring Rows (with a partner)

Butt Blaster
Set 1 - 30lbs x 20 reps @each- right leg felt knee burn -left ok on glutes
Set 2 - 30lbs x 17 reps @each - right leg had hard time extending w/o feeling burn on knees- left fekt strong w full ext. pushing from glutes
Set 3 -30lbs x 15 reps @each - right leg needs more work pushing from glutes, not knees or quads!

No comments: