Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Legs & Chest/Shoulder /Triceps Workout

This morning workout was ok, didn't go as well as I expected to be. I didn't do all the supersets as planned because I couldn't find that 30lbs BB to do Close Grip Bench Press. Gotta improvise a bit.

For some reason I think I didn't activate my glutes enough so my left glute took most of the beating when doing BB Glute Bridge, resulting having this mild throbbing on my left glute (somewhere around where the leg and butt part meet??)

Superset 1
A) BB Glute Bridge
B) DB Bench Press (lying down on aerobic step with 2 risers)

A)
95x20 - ok
105lbs x 20 imbalances
105lbs x 20 - better burn w by adjusting foot positioning

B) 15lbs x 15
20lbs x 12
20lbs x 12 - mod weights

Note: DB bench press feels a bit easier to do than the DB Incline Press

BB Deadlift
3x95lbs x 10 - good sets & weights

BB Front Squat
55lbs x 10
55lbs x 10- hard last 2 reps
55lbs x 10 - hard last 2 reps

Superset 2
A) DB /BB Step Up
B) BB Lying Ovhead Triceps Ext

A)
20lbs BB x 15@each -too light
15lbs DBs x 15@each - good weights /need to focus on balancing esp stepping up right leg
15lbs DBs x 15 @each

B)
20lbs x 15 - ok
20lbs x 15- triceps burn last 3 reps
20lbs x 15 -ok

Note: left glute felt cramping today might be from imbalances BB glute bridge?

Standing Cable Straight Leg Back Raise
3x12.5lbs x 15@each

Note: I've finally got to do front squat correctly - no bouncing at bottom, feet shoulder width apart, toes pointed slightly straight to front.

No comments: