Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bodyrock.tv workout with one hundred push up

One hundred push up program (Week 2, Day 3) - 12, 13, 10, 10 , 15 (max)

So I've done this program for 2 weeks, it's time for another fit test before moving on to the third week. I'll do it couple days from now and we'll see if I see any improvements.

I decided to give Bodyrock.tv Beg for Mercy workout a try, using Online tabata timer as usual.

10 seconds of rest / 50 seconds of maximum effort
x 15 rounds = 15 minutes of intense interval workout

Repeat these workouts 3 times in the following order
1. Plank Jumps over the Sandbag (I didn't have anything and this was my first time so I just jumped to other side- still pretty tough) / My score: 12 reps, 10 reps, 10 reps

2. Get Up (with Sandbag, dumbbell, kettlebel, or just your own bodyweight)
I did a regular get up with hand assisted - still tough after couple rounds
Score: 9 reps, 10 reps, 8 reps

3. Elevated Push Up with Knee Tucks
Did regular push ups instead. Will do knee tucks next time.
Score: 17 reps, 15 reps, 15 reps

4. Side Step Up with Sandbag or your own bodyweight - left side
Took 2 front steps on the stairs, alternating left and right leg. Didn't use any weight, but next time might want to hold at least 8-10 lbs dumbbells for extra resistance.
Score: 20 reps, 21 reps, 19 reps

5. Side Step Up – Right Side
Score: 21 reps, 21 reps, 21 reps

Plank jumps were NO JOKE! I was out of breath and my form wasn't that great after couple reps.

1 comment:

Carl S said...

I'm not gonna lie, that body rock chick is pretty smokin' hot. However, I can't get passed her accent + voice. But she does do some pretty fantastic things. I've run across some of her stuff on youtube before looking up ab-videos or fitness routines. She'd kill me in a fight.

Keep it up! You're pushups numbers have gone up!