Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cardio and resistance workouts

Ah, I felt great with 30 mins - 3 miles run early this morning. I managed to get up at 4:30 am and after getting ready and everything I started the run at 5:00 am. How I miss my Garmin heart rate monitor.
Click on image to see it bigger.
I only recorded the time when I actually run (warm ups and cool downs excluded). Towards the end of the last lap, I sprinted up to 9.2 miles/hr speed. Not bad. I should try to sprint a little bit in between next time.

So was that it? NO.

After I got home, dripping in sweats, I did about 30 reps of the following:
Regular crunches
Side Crunches (30 each side)
Side plank raise
Push Ups (20 on toes, 10 on knees)
Plank holds
V ups
Oblique V Ups (30 each side)
Side Tri-Rise (only managed to do 23 each side) - Boo!
Balanced Push Ups (10 only - too tired)

The last 15-20 minutes I did Yoga for stretching and flexibility.

Ideally, this is the typical workout that I'd love to do everyday for 6 days a week. Unfortunately, time is not always my best friend.

No comments: