Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bodyrock.tv: 400 reps Workout

Gosh!! This 400 reps workout was such a killer! Imagine doing 400 reps of variation of burpees!

Workout breakdown:
1. One Leg Burpee - 5 reps each leg
2. Burpee Knee Raises - 10 reps
3. Side Burpee & Knee Tuck - 5 reps each side
4. Burpee Step Up - 5 reps each leg
5. Burpee Roll Over - 10 reps
6. Sumo Burpees - 10 reps
7. Burpee Pull Ups - 10 reps
8. Half Burpee & Side Jump Over - 10 reps
9. 2x Jump Lunges & 2 Taping Push Up - 10 reps
10. Frog Burpee - 10 reps

I don't have a dip station (can't do the knee raises) and pull up bar (can't do the pull up) so I repeated 2 other burpee exercises to compensate that.

Round 1: I did 2x One Leg Burpee and 2x Side Burpee Knee Tuck
Round 2: 2x Burpee Step Up and 2x Sumo Burpee
Round 3: 2x Burpee Step Up and 2x Sumo Burpee (knee push up towards the end)
Round 4: 2x One Leg Burpee and 2x Burpee Step Up

I survived this brutal workout in 1:24:28



Gosh I think I'll feel the soreness on my shoulders, arms and legs tomorrow. My elbows start to feel hurt already, prolly form the push ups. Don't get me wrong, just because I started doing the push ups on my knees from Round 3 Sumo Burpee, I pushed as low as possible and could feel the burn on my shoulders. It's much better to switch to beginner's mode and do proper form instead of struggling doing the actual version thus sacrificing the form. I even had to modify the Jump lunges to step back lunge at Round 4, but I pushed myself to keep moving.

No comments: