Sunday, December 23, 2012

LBKC Sunday Kettlebell Workout

My trainer was late today because he got a ticket. I almost thought if for some reason he couldn't show up, I was so ready to make up my own workout especially I had full access to all of these weights!

Anyway glad everything is ok.

Workout:


Part #1: 3 Rounds circuit
  • 1 minute Turkish Get Up (30 sec each side) - used 12lbs KB
  • 30 sec Goblet Squats (used 30lbs KB)
  • 1 minute One Arm Clean and Press (30 sec each side) - used 15lbs KB
  • 1 minute One Arm Rows (30 sec each side) - used 18lbs KB
  • 30 sec Mountain Climbers (I sprinted thru this!)
Rest 1 minute and repeat the entire thing for 2 more rounds!

Reps I managed (as much I could remember):
TGU about 2-3 each side
Squats about 10-12
Clean & Press about 8-10 each arm
Mountain Climbers - didn't count!

The key here is not putting down the KB when switching sides. I wish I could go to 15lbs for the TGU but for the time being, I'll stick to 12lbs until I build my shoulder strength, especially my left arm.

Part #2: 5 minute snatch practice (used 12lbs & 15lbs KB)

Part #3:
30 sec off / 30 sec active 3 Rounds
  • Burpee (no push up) KB High Pulls (used 30lbs KB)
  • Close grip push up (hands on KB)

Reps I managed (as much I could remember):
Burpee High Pulls about 8-10
Close grip push up about 5-6

Afterward I went to the gym area and did HIIT Rowing
(1 minute rest / 30 sec all out for 8 Rounds)

Result: 1.6k row - not bad!

Hmm can I say that I actually kinda like rowing? Maybe it's too early to say that since I haven't tried to row 1k all at once!

Overall today's workout was AWESOME and I'm glad I finally didn't chicken out picking up my weights! I could still feel some soreness on my upper back from Friday's TRX rows and I think today it will be a bit more sore from those close grip push ups!

No comments: