Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Next 4-6 Week Workout Program

In order to start build strength, I need to start doing a workout program that I will continuously do for the next 4-6 week. It might look boring but at the same time it'll be easy for me to do since I will always know what workout to do from week to week.

The beauty of this program it's highly flexible to fit my own schedule. For example, last Saturday I went for a 12 mile hike - 8.5 hour total which made me impossible to do any workout on Sunday. I didn't even go to the KB class, just gave my body a total rest.

On Monday, my calves were still quite sore from the hike so I did Tuesday Upper Body on Monday and this morning I did the Monday Lower Body workout with less intensity (lighter weights, less sets with more reps).

My calves are still feeling tight and sore.

Anyway here's my next 4-6 week workout program

TENTATIVE 4-6 WEEK WORKOUT PROGRAM

SATURDAY & SUNDAY: 9am KB CLASS (workout will most likely full body circuit type) + HIIT Rowing (1 min/ 30 sec max effort 8-10 rounds – depends on how I feel that day)

Lower Body & Core Workout (at home) - MONDAY
  • 3 sets of 10 reps KB Goblet Squat – 35 lbs. KB
  • 20-25x side crunches (each side)
  • 3 sets of 20 reps KB Romanian Dead Lift (each side) – 35 lbs. KB
  • 20-25x plank and knee tucks (each side)
  • 3 sets of 15 reps KB Back Lunge & Knee Up (each side) – holding 2x15lbs. KB
  • 20-25x knee raises on the dip station
  • 3 sets of 12 reps deadlift (used 2x15lbs KB & 35 lbs KB)
  • 20-25x reverse crunches with feet holding the balance ball
  • 3 sets 10 reps 25 lbs. deep side lunges (each side)

HIIT 30 sec/30 sec – 10 rounds 35lbs KB Swing
5 minute double under practice

Upper Body Workout (at home) - TUESDAY
  • 3 sets 5 reps reverse body rows (straight legs)
  • 20x bicycle abs (each side)
  • 3 sets 8-12 reps DB renegade rows (each arm – used 20 lbs. DB)
  • 20x side elbow plank lifts (each side)
  • 3 sets 10 reps single arm KB shoulder press (each side – 15 lbs. KB)
  • 20x single leg lift & toe touches (each side – legs off the ground entire time)
  • 3 sets 8-10 reps regular push up
Optional HIIT: 30 sec/30 sec - 10 Rounds KB One Arm Half Snatch

ACTIVE REST DAY – WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY
12-15 minutes core & planks plus mobility

Upper Body / Back Workout (at home) – FRIDAY CN
3 sets of 3 Turkish Get Up (15lbs. KB) – switching only after completed 1 set on each side

Strength Training workout:
Part #1:
  • 3 sets of 5 reps reverse body rows (straight legs)
  • 3 sets of 8-10 reps double Military press (with 2x15 lbs. KB)
  • 20x side elbow plank lifts (each side)

Part #2:
  • 3 sets of 3 reps Windmill (15 lbs. KB) – each side (switching only after completed 1 set on each side)
  • 3 sets of 12 reps one arm rows (20 lbs DB)
  • 20x single leg lift & toe touches (each side – legs off the ground entire time)

No comments: