Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Kettlebell Class Workout

For some reason today I wasn't feeling at my best, even after the workout. Usually I felt energized after a workout but not today. Apparently I might be fighting some bugs. Fear not, those bugs won't bring me down and I have confident that my body will crush them without mercy!

Sunday Kettlebell Class Workout:

Part #1: 20 min. AMRAP
  • 6 One Arm Press (used 15lbs KB)
  • 20 KB Swing (44 lbs KB)
  • 6 superman push up (do 1 push up and back to plank and lift opposite arm and leg - Z called it Supergirl push up - not sure if there's an original name for this push up)This is the video for reference. Instead we switch sides for the bird dog.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSW4ODDZkbI
  • 6 One Arm Dead Snatch and 8 Bulgarian Split Squats (on floor) Combo (15 lbs KB)
  • 10 One Arm Rows (20lbs KB)
I was hoping I could use 18lbs KB but my left arm just could do it. Couldn't even get close to 6 reps for the press! Same thing with dead snatch (meaning the KB is from the floor and do snatch instead of using the momentum from back swing)

Part #2: 3 sets of 5 Windmill (each side) - used 15lbs.KB

Part #3: Battle Rope HIIT

I didn't do extra HIIT afterward. Felt not too energized even after the workout. Usually after a workout I'd feel energized but not today. Plus I feel a bit tenderness on my lower right back, felt good when I did foam roller on that side.

No comments: