Saturday, June 8, 2013

Glutes, Legs and HIIT Workout

Happy Saturday.

It's totally June gloom down here. The sun didn't come out until late afternoon.

I had a great Glutes & Legs workout today. I spent some time figuring out the weights for BB Glute bridge. Apparently 95lbs felt quite light. I could easily crank out 15 -20 reps with that.
I wonder if I could up the weight for BB glute bridge. I only dared enough to add another 5lbs on each side to make it 105lbs and did an extra set with it.

Warm up:
  • 3 minute spin bike
  • 20 reps donkey kick (each leg)
  • 20 reps fire hydrant (each side)
  • 15 reps one leg glute bridge (each leg)

Workout:
  • 2 warm up sets of 20 reps BB glute bridge (65 lbs)
  • 3 sets 12-15 reps BB glute bridge (95 lbs)
  • 1 set 15 reps BB glute bridge (105 lbs)
  • 3 sets 12 reps BB deadlift (75 lbs)
  • 3 sets 10-12 reps BB front squat (no weights)
  • 3 sets 12 reps double KB walking lunges (2x15 lbs)- each leg
  • 3 sets 10-12 reps weighted donkey kick on glute flexor machine (each leg) - 20lbs

HIIT: 30 min spin bike (1-3 min rest, 30-40 sec high intensity pedaling with some resistance)

I am doing HIIT a bit differently now. Instead of having a total prescribed 2 min off/1 min on for the entire 30 minutes, I rather go by how I feel. If I feel I could push for an entire minute then I did it. If I could only managed to do full 30sec an all out then so be it. Resting time is based on when my heartrate starts to fall back to normal. From today's observation, my best bet to do my MAX effort was 30-40 sec. When I was fresh, I could do a total 1 minute.

No comments: