Thursday, August 15, 2013

Chest, Shoulders & Arms

I had a great workout this morning. Overall DB Incline Press is the HARDEST for me to do. Even getting to 10 reps is quite a drag..looks like I'll be stuck doing 20lbs DB Incline Press for quite sometime. I was going to push for at least 12 but that just didn't happen. Next time!

DB Incline Press
15lbs x 15- moderate warm up
20lbs x 10 - mod hard but felt more doable than before
20lbs x 10 - hard last 2
20lbs x 10 - hard last 2-3
20lbs x 10 - tough set

Active rest btwn sets: Hyper Ext Apparatus (Back Ext) -20x - felt burn on hammies & glutes (focused on PPT)

I watched Bret's Hyper Extension Apparatus, took his cue and totally has helped me for not feeling it on my lower back anymore. I'll film it on Saturday at KB gym so you could assess the form. I just did without weights for now.

Push Ups / V up Abs (That 30lbs. BB was nowhere to be found again so I had to skip Standing BB Front Shoulder Press and subbed with push ups)
10 / 15
8 / 15 (pu fatigue by 8)
10 / 15 ( better pu reps - focused tightening core & glutes)

BB Close Grip Bench Press
20lbs x 20 - light weight so did more reps
20lbs x 20 - last 5 got nice triceps burn
20lbs x 20

DB Prone Rear Delt Raise
2 x 5lbs x15 - mini pause by 12th
5lbs x 12

BB lying Ovhead Triceps Ext
20lbs x 15 - focused kept elbows tuck in & isolate movt on tris
20lbs x 12 - left arm had trouble keeping elbows in / right arm took most load
20lbs x 12- tried to push 3 more but arms were already shaking

DB Alt Biceps Curl
10lbs x 10 - focused movt on biceps - tried not moving elbows
10lbsx 10 - last 2 were tough!
10lbsx10 - last 2 were rough

No comments: