Sunday, December 8, 2013

Glutes, Legs and Kettlebell

It was FREEZING cold today! The KB gym doesn't have any heater and it isn't an insulated place like LA Fitness or 24Hour - that's what you called as a Garage gym. It was like walking into an ice box! I barely felt my fingertips!

So I did couple skipping around the turf just to warm myself up plus some air squats!

BB Sumo Deadlift
65lbsx15 warm up
75lbsx15 warm up
3x85lbs x 12

Note: I felt a lot better doing BB Sumo Deadlift - I could keep my form more solid! Maybe next time I could try add 2.5 lbs to make it 90lbs BB Sumo Deadlift. Next week will be Conventional Deadlift and if time permits, I'll video myself to see my own form. I'll keep in mind about not shrugging my shoulders.

BB Hip Thrust (3 risers)
2x95lbs x15 - hold on top
115x15 - more back on riser
115x12 - shoulders on top - harder
125x10
125x 15 - american style
135x12- american style

Note: I did different positioning for these hip thrust. American style (as Bret labeled it - when I put most of my back on the riser) felt easier to go heavier and less burn on my quads while the other one when I only had my shoulders on top of riser felt harder and after a while I felt more burn on my inner thighs and quads. Will work on these more!

BB Front Squat
2x65lbs x 10
65lbs x 12- pushed last 2!!!

Note: I finally could push to 12 on the last set, although I had to pause a bit in between each rep on the last 2 reps! Next week hopefully I could get to 12 reps on all 3 sets then it'll be the time to add another 2.5 lbs on the following week!

KB circuit
KB One Arm Press 5x22.5lbsx5@each

15min AMRAP (got 4 rounds)
Ring Rows 12x
Windmill 20lbsx5@each
KB One Arm Clean & Jerk 22lbsx5@each

Finisher
KB push & pull 3x 50lbs x 20yards - totally quad burner, especially on the pulling back the kettlebell

Butt Blaster 3x40lbsx15@each

Leg Extension 3x45lbsx15 - I might be able to do 50lbs but the machine doesn't have small weight increment and the next weight is 60 lbs!

No comments: