Saturday, January 25, 2014

Glutes & Legs (SC reps/sets - WEEK 2)

Today's workout was awesome! I was gassed up by the time I finished the lunges - as usual. Lunges are always taxed me mentally and physically- but I think more mentally.

BB Hip Thrust:
Btw I realized what makes my adductors, esp the right one tight after Saturday's Leg Workout. It might be from my Hip Thrust. Strange enough I felt on my hammies and glutes when I executing the lift but then later of the day or the next day, I felt my adductors tight. I tried to position my foot more pointed forward instead flared out on sides and seems like I felt more on my glutes and less adductors. Gotta keep adjusting to find that sweet spot I guess!

Squats:
I'm doing narrow, shoulder and wide stance. Speaking of which, I will give a try squatting with my feet pointed straight. I tried it with just my bodyweight and looks like narrow stance is ok for me. In fact, I could squat better with narrow stance than wider. The wider my stance, the more I need to point my toes outward. I'll take some video sometime when I get a chance with just bodyweight.

BB Sumo Deadlift
75lbs x 15- warm up
85lbs x 13- burn hammies & butt
90lbs x 12
90lbs x 12

BB Hip Thrust / Hip Abdct
105lbs x 20- hold top 3 risers
125lbs x 12-reg - 3 risers
125lbs x 15- reg - 2 risers
135lbs x 15-amer- 3 risers
135x12-reg- 3 risers

BB Front Squat
60lbs x 15- narrow- brief pause btm
60lbs x 12- shoulder- singles last 2
60lbs x 10-wide- singles last 2

BB Split Squat
50lbs x 12@each- min rest btwn sides - back style
50lbsx 12@each- front - no rest just switching
50lbsx 12@each- back-no rest

X Band Lateral Walk (medium light band)
3x20@each side

KB Side Lunges
2x18lbs x 20@each

BB RDL
3x65lbs x 20

Seated Band Hip Abduction (heavy)
1x30 - hold last rep

Butt Blaster 3x50x15@each

No comments: