Saturday, February 1, 2014

Glutes & Legs

I had a great Glutes and Legs workout. Focused a lot more on Glutes today as I felt my knees were a bit funky. However after I was done with the squats, my knees aren't tight anymore! Weird! Oh well I take that.

Mobility warm up:
Turf skipping for 5 minutes
Light band fire hydrant
Donkey kicks (2 style - bent leg and straight leg)
Fire hydrant circle
Bodyweight squat

BB Hip Thrust (3 risers) - all regular styles
95lbs x 20-warm up -hold top
2x125lbs x15- reg- hold top
135lbs x 15-reg (singles last 3)
135lbs x 15-reg

I did all regular hip thrust. I think I felt stronger now that I could do total 15 almost non stop until the last 3 reps. I might be able to add another 5 lbs next week. Soon my hip thrust will match the Glute Bridge - 145lbs :)

BB Rev Lunges (back style)

45lbs x12@each
50lbs x 12@each
50lbs x 12@each

BB Deadlift
1x90lbsx12- heavy last 2 reps

Note: I'm planning to have Chest & Back workout tomorrow so I didn't do BB Deadlift, although I always LOVE doing BB Deadlift. One of the lift that could wipe me out and makes me feel I have a beast workout. Only did this for video demo purpose.


Double KB Suitcase DeadLift
3x35lbs x 15- quads burn last 3 reps

Note: Narrow feet w pointed straight irritated right knee a bit

BB Back Squat
60lbs x 15-narrow
60lbs x 13- wide
60lbs x 15-shoulder- felt strongest

Note: 60lbs felt getting easier, esp with feet shoulder width apart. Wide and narrow still a bit challenging. Ok to up to 2.5lbs next time?

No comments: