Saturday, May 17, 2014

Glutes & Legs

I'm giving my upper left back another rest today so no Deadlifts or lifting any heavy stuff horizontally. I should be ok by Tuesday, hopefully.

Warm up
Mobility drill
Bw squat

BB Hip Thrust (bench) / band abduction
2x135 x 12 - warm up
2x155lbs x 10
2x165lbs x 8

Bench was totally harder but I focused on the full ROM - so I let the BB plates touched the ground before I lifted up with my hips. Obviously couldn't go too heavy - even with 165lbs - I started to feel my quads and inner thighs to get burn towards the end of last 3 reps, which means I started to lose tension on my butt. I think I'll try using bench from now on and work my weight up from here again.


BB Back Squat / 30 breath plank hold
80lbs x 10
80 x 8 -hard last 2 reps
80 x 10

BW Bulgarian Split Squat
3x12-15@each

Single Standing Leg Press on pullup machine / one Leg RDL (hold 1 plate)
3x60lbsx12 @each / 3x25lbs x 12@each

All Leg Press machines were in use so I had to improvise using the Machine assisted pull up to do a single leg press (standing)

Lying Leg Curl
3x55lbs x 12 ( moved down 50lbs last 3 reps 3rd set)

One Leg 45° Hyper Ext
3x15@each

No comments: