Friday, November 26, 2010

Bodyrock tv: Quantum of Sweat - working off the turkey

After last night Thanksgiving feast, I know I can't miss Zuzana's Quantum of Sweat workout today. Most people got up early today to line up in front of stores, but I got up to workout.

Today's workout is an interval strength training which divided into 2 sequences.
Workout breakdown:
Set the timer 10 sec off / 50 sec on for 4 rounds for both of these sequences.
Part 1:
- One Leg Skipping (Left)
I was still traumatized by my back pain after I did jump rope last time, so I just jumped with 1 leg without the rope.
Round 1: 69
Round 2: 94

- Roll over Commando Push ups
I had to switch between beginner and regular mode. Push ups straight from the belly were pretty tough. Two knee tucks with two push ups count as 1 rep.
Round 1: 4
Round 2: 7

- One Leg Skipping (Right)
Round 1: 86
Round 2: 95

- Roll over Commando Push ups
Round 1: 3
Round 2: 5

Part 2:
- Low Jump Rope Jack (I did Low Jumping jack instead- bending legs more than regular one)
Round 1: 55
Round 2: 60

- Reverse Push Ups and Kick Up (Left)
I don't have Dip station and my chairs are not high enough to support the broomstick, so I just did dips with a kick instead. Set yourself like a table then do dips.
Round 1: 13
Round 2: 11

- Low Jump Rope Jack
Round 1: 53
Round 2: 50

- Reverse Push Ups and Kick Up (Right)
Round 1: 11
Round 2: 11

Do both parts one more time to complete 16 minutes. This workout was okay, maybe because I didn't do the way they were supposedly (dip station and jumping rope), but at least I sweat out some of the last night Thanksgiving dinner.

No comments: