Saturday, December 11, 2010

Bodyrock.tv: Christmas Abs Workout

Well the actual name of the workout is: "All I want for Christmas is Abs Workout".

Another brutal workout from Zuzana (geez when will she rest..LOL). There are 3 parts of this workout with different intervals.

Workout breakdown:

Combo#1: Triple squat action (with or without sandbag/weight/backpack etc)
I used a backpack with bunch of stuff inside - weighted about 14-15 lbs.
Set the interval timer for two intervals for 20 seconds (no rest interval) for 6 rounds. Total workout will be 4 minutes.
First 20 sec: squat all the way down
Second 20 sec: Squat half way
Third 20 sec: Short pulse squats (squat half way and pulsing-do not come up to standing position)

Repeat everything until the whole interval is over.

I couldn't write down the reps cause I was squatting for the full 4 minutes (well sorta, I had to shake off my legs in between, especially the Short pulse squats)

Combo#2: L sits (16 rounds of 10 sec off / 5 sec on)
I used 2 of my kitchen counters with the broomstick handle. Boy 5 sec felt long. I could only lift my butt and legs off the floor for a mere second.

Combo#3: Pick Up Jump with Sandbag/weight/backpack etc
4 rounds of 10 sec off/50 sec on interval
Each time the sandbag touches the floor count as 1 round.
My round: 10-9-9-9



Good workout for Saturday morning and I am already feeling my upper back muscles are sore now.

No comments: