Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bodyrock.tv: Pound Melting Workout

So if you think I took days off completely from working out then you're totally wrong. Yes I didn't actually do a full workout but I didn't neglect light stretching and some yoga. Just because my lower back pain was acting up again (probably from the hip thruster from Wild & Free Exercise Challenge) I can't stand not doing any workout.at.all. Light yoga and stretching are much better than nothing.

Today I decided to do Pound Melting Workout, a new interval workout Zuzana had. As I want to listen to my body, I decided not using any backpack/sandbag for the lunges and squats. But I still kept proper form and did the squats correctly (stick my butt out more and keeping my back straight and weight on my heels).

Workout breakdown:
Set an interval timer 10 sec off/50 sec on for 12 rounds
Reptile Toe Touch Push Up 12-9
Sandbag Side Lunge Knee Up (Right) 26-25 (bodyweight only)
Sandbag Side Lunge Knee Up (Left) 26-22 (bodyweight only)
Crab Fighter (Right) 12-8
Crab Fighter (Left) 8-9
Sandbag Squats 22-22 (bodyweight only)

And I continued with my own routine- more bodyweight exercises such as reverse push up, leg raises, triceps dips, 5 reps of One Leg Squat (each leg) and Yoga Crane.

It's good to be back working out again.

No comments: