Friday, July 22, 2011

CrossFit Bodyweight Workout: Modified JT

I have been having trouble to fall asleep and stay asleep for the past 3-4 days so I took a day off from working out yesterday. Last night was a bit better, although I still got up around 3 am to use the restroom, but at least when I woke up at 7:30am I didn't feel tired so it might be a good time to do my morning workout.

My initial plan was to do CrossFit Bodyweight Workout JT (had to modify them) and then Bodyrock.tv Stronger & Hotter Workout. Nope, it didn't happen.

CrossFit Bodyweight Workout JT (Modified)
21-15-9 reps for time:
Handstand Push Ups (modified to Elevated Pike Press - I used 3 tier step stool, and I put my feet on the second tier)
Ring Dips (modified to One leg assisted Triceps Dips on the dip station)
Push-Ups

Sounds easy huh? NOT AT ALL! At the last round, I sprained my upper left back. I quickly stretched up my neck so at last I still be able to turn my head to left side otherwise I'll be super stiff for the entire day. This also made me not continue with Bodyrock.tv - although my ego really wanted to do it but I rather not further added more injury to myself.

How's my modified JT?

18:27

Lots of room to improve! Push ups became so difficult after all of those upper body workouts!

Then I finished off with 10 Pistols (5 Unassisted, 5 Assisted each leg).

No comments: