Saturday, June 30, 2012

6 Week 6 Packs Summer Challenge: Week 5 - Day 6 - Muscle Building

Original workout: Six Pack Factory

To be honest, I actually never really follow 6W/6P Day 6 Muscle building workout because:
- I am lazy
- 10 sets of 10 reps of 5 upper body weight lifting bores me quick
- Did I say I am lazy?

But since this will be my last muscle building workout, I might as well tackle this with some modification since I still want to give my wrists sometime to rest before I start going crazy doing anything that put pressure on my wrists

10 sets of 10 reps with 10 sec rest for each of this workout - Rest 1 minute in between one workout to another.

Dumbbell Shoulder Press (instead of push ups)
Dumbbell Bent Over Rows / Reverse Body Rows
Dumbbell Shoulder Fly (aka lateral raise)
Dumbbell Curls
Triceps Dumbbell Extension (instead of Triceps Dips)

I used a pair of 8lbs and 10lbs dumbbells.

Took me almost 40 minutes to complete all of above

Then I was inspired by ZWOW#24 and created my own 10 minute AMRAP.


10 minute AMRAP:
10 dynamic squats (from ZWOW#24)
10 Ab Splitters (from ZWOW#23)
10 Prisoner's Get Up and Jump Up (from ZWOW#24)

I completed 3 Rounds + 10 Ab Splitters in 10 minutes then finish off in 10:50 for a complete 4 Rounds.

No comments: