Saturday, December 8, 2012

First Kettlebell Workout

My Carb Nite last night was FABULOUS! Today I had a chance to try out my first kettlebell class!

I drove up to Long Beach Kettlebell Club and met the trainer, Eric for one to one kettlebell class. It wasn't a private session, but it just happened I was the only one who could make it to 9am class.

I learned how to pick up the kettlebell, did deadlift, snatch, clean, swing and turkish get up.

As we had an extra time towards the end, he helped me put together an actual workout.

2 Rounds:
20 KB Swing (25lbs KB)
10 KB clean, snatch & Press (each arm) - 18lbs KB
10 KB press (each arm) -18lbs KB
10 KB goblet squat (25lbs KB)
1 turkish get up (each side) - 10lbs KB

Then:
5 band assisted chin up
40 yard sled push (100lbs)

Result? I was pooped! The sled push killed my legs completely! Am I hooked? YES! Definitely will come again! Too bad it's a bit far and I only have time during weekends to come. Since he doesn't have any scheduled class on Saturdays this month, I think I'll just stuck with Sundays for now.

No comments: