Tuesday, January 1, 2013

30 minute Yoga and Light Stretching Plus MORE!

HAPPY NEW YEAR and welcome to the year 2013!

I am quite sore from yesterday's workout so today I decided to take it a bit easy. That doesn't mean I just sat on my ass the entire day and eating bon bons!

In the morning, while enjoying my hot tea, I did 30 minute Yoga and light stretching. Nothing super crazy, just basic poses starting off with 3 sun salutations, then:
  • crescent pose
  • prayer's twist
  • warrior 2
  • triangle pose
  • twisted triangle pose
  • warrior 3
  • half moon
  • twisted half moon
  • cobbler pose
  • twisted seated pose (forgot the actual name for it)
  • camel pose
  • cat stretch
  • single hamstring stretch (each side)
  • both hamstring stretch
I hold about 10 count slow breathing for each pose. Some poses I transition from one to another (from crescent pose to prayer's twist on the same side, warrior 2 into triangle poses, warrior 3 into half moon then twisted half moon for example). Some I transition back into downward dog etc.

Just a bit variety to loosen up my tight muscles, especially my upper back and hamstrings!

Then during the day, I did some house cleaning, vacuuming the entire house plus cleaning the tile floor area where I usually do my workout.

It was good to stay active and avoid being locked in front of the computer for the entire day! Plus I was quite busy in the first half morning doing some cookings.

FUN TIMES!

No comments: