Saturday, January 5, 2013

LBKC Lone Warrior KB Workout

Apparently I was the only one who showed up for LBKC 9am class! COOL, that means the trainer's attention will be on me 100%!

After some mobility warm ups, we spent a bit time to practice One Arm Overhead Squat, something that I dreaded for a little bit before he taught me how to progress slowly into it.

He made it more like a modified windmill which makes it a bit easier for me to follow. And since I am still learning this, I decided to stick with lighter weight for now.

4 Rounds:
  • 8x One Arm Overhead Squat (each side - 12lbs KB)
  • 15x Ab Tucks (hanging on the bar do knee tucks)
  • 10x Bosu Push ups (with the round part of bosu on the floor)
  • 12x Double KB cleans (2x15 lbs. KB)
  • 12x Double Seesaw Rows (alt bent over rows) - each side (2x15 lbs.KB)
  • 1 minute freestyle jump rope
Everything took me about 23 minutes.

Then we did glute bridge with a barbell. I did 3 sets.
1st set = 15 reps with 50 lbs barbell
2nd set= 20 reps with 60 lbs barbell
3rd set= 20 reps with 75 lbs barbell

Then I finished off on my own with HIIT Rowing (1 minute / 30 sec rest - 8 Rounds)

Tomorrow workout will be a fun one. We're gonna be doing it at the beach together with CrossFit people!

No comments: