Thursday, January 17, 2013

Upper Body Strength Training at Home Workout

Back to my 4:30am workout again! After I had a little chat with Eric, my KB trainer and Debby, my nutritional coach, I've finally started to grasp the concept of programming a workout to reach a certain goal.

Long story short, it's not like I could just put a bunch of workout together randomly. I mean it's not a bad thing to do that once in a while but in the long run, it's better to always structure the workout properly.

As you might notice (or not), I've stopped doing any type of ZWOW, Bodyrock.tv or even LovingFit type of workout recently. I usually save those type on my non weight lifting days so it'll be more like a conditioning workout or a finisher if I feel like I still have energy left.

Ok enough lecture.

Now onto the workout!

UPPER BODY STRENGTH TRAINING
(3 Sets of each exercise with 20 reps of abs move in between exercises)
  • 3 sets 5 reps Reverse Body Rows using dip station (semi-straight legs)
  • 20x bicycle abs (each side)
  • 3 sets 8-10 reps DB renegade rows (each arm) - 15lbs DB
  • 20x side elbow plank lifts (each side)
  • 3 sets 5 reps DB triceps kick back (each arm) - 10lbs DB
  • 20x single leg lift & toe touch (each leg - legs off the ground entire time)
  • 3 sets 8 reps regular push ups
  • 20x bicycle abs (each side)
BONUS:
3 sets of 10 sec L-Sit on a dip station

No comments: