Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bodyrock.tv: 400 Reps Workout - 3

Oh dear goodness, what in the world was I thinking scheduling this Killer 400 reps of Burpee workout? Well let's just say it was my pride thinking that I should be able to beat my old scores from the first time I did. I didn't count the second one, because I only did 2 rounds and did the other 2 on separate day. Granted this workout is one of Zuzana's longest and hardest...EVER...both physically AND mentally!

Since this time I had a dip station, I did this workout pretty close to what it's supposed to be. The only minor change was I did Reverse Push up in place of the Pull Up.

Workout breakdown:
1. One Leg Burpee - 5 reps each leg
2. Burpee Knee Raises - 10 reps
3. Side Burpee & Knee Tuck - 5 reps each side
4. Burpee Step Up - 5 reps each leg
5. Burpee Roll Over - 10 reps
6. Sumo Burpees - 10 reps
7. Burpee Reverse Push Up (in place of Pull Up) - 10 reps
8. Half Burpee & Side Jump Over - 10 reps
9. 2x Jump Lunges & 2 Taping Push Up - 10 reps
10. Frog Burpee - 10 reps

I paused my timer after completed 2 rounds for a bit and had a major mind battles in my head whether to call it a day or continued. I chose the latter and finished this brutal workout in 1:27:48 - 95% full push ups. I won't lie, I did 5 knee push ups at my 4th round of Sumo Burpees.

I'm well aware that I didn't beat my first PR but I'd say I performed a lot better by doing most push ups from my toes while that time I had to switch to knee push ups in the middle of 3rd round.

Also did you see that I was only 3 minutes behind while performing this workout almost in 100% forms? Gotta see the glass is half full instead of half empty, right? ;)

No comments: